Thursday, February 21, 2008

Todd McShay knows his stuff

I just sat down and chatted with ESPN's draft wonder boy, Todd McShay. Well I didn't sit down and chat with him, I took part in a live chat with about 1,000 other people, but I did get my question in. I asked, "Do you think the Raven's will use their first round pick on a CB or QB?"

Todd's Response:
"If they stay at No. 8 I don't see them drafting a QB. Ryan will be gone and it's too early for Brohm (or any other QB for that matter). In all reality, I think the Ravens are in a tough spot at No. 8. They have to hope one of those six elite prospects (I listed earlier) falls to them, but that's an unlikely scenario at this point. CB is the biggest need otherwise. Problem is no CB in this class jumps out as top-10 worthy in my opinion. There are a lot of good ones (like Troy's McKelvin, Kansas' Talib and S. Fla's Jenkins), but I would try like hell to trade out before I used the eighth overall pick on one of those guys."

Very true, but I actually disagree. I think Troy McKelvin is worth a first round pick considering the personnel the Ravens currently have. I would then draft Chad Henne or another large athletic and experience QB second round. Build for the future my friend.

No comments: