Friday, February 15, 2008

Steve McNair coming back is bad for Ravens


Don't get me wrong, Steve McNair is a great quarterback and seems to be a stand-up individual off the field, but his return will ultimately hurt the Ravens. McNair will most likely get the opening day starting spot out of respect if nothing else. I think the Ravens would be better served to have either Kyle Boller or Troy Smith start the first half of the season while the Raven's bring whatever QB they hopefully draft up to NFL speed. With John Harbaugh, a coach with QB experience, there to help out I think a draft pick could be ready to play midway through the season. If either Boller or Smith end up playing well than that is even better, but McNair would slow the entire process down. In my opinion, he just doesn't have the arm strength or foot speed to warrant being a QB in the NFL anymore. If you disagree let me know why.

No comments: